Friday, September 14, 2007

Asphalt Ballet - Tuesday's Rain

Duration: 04:20 minutes
Upload Time: 07-08-28 00:24:25
User: wwwHeavyMetalcom
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Verse: Tuesday's rain falls like a river on my head And who's to blame for the signal turning red As I stand here all alone And count the sands of time I watch the sunshine yielding To the night Pr-chorus: There's nothing left for me But my restless soul My starring role In a faded memory Chorus: Like Tuesday's rain It's falling down on me Tuesday's rain Verse: The thrill is gone I'm numb to the burning pain of love And I can't explain why I held on so long As I wait for my new high And sit on my mood swing And drift out like the tide Into the deep blue sea Pre-chorus Chorus _____________________________ ASPHALT BALLET ASPHALT BALLET Released 1991 (Virgin) Track List: 01. Hell's Kitchen 02. Soul Survive 03. Tuesday's Rain 04. Unlucky Mr. Lucky 05. End Of My Rope 06. Heaven Winds Blow 07. Blood On The Highway 08. Goodbye Yesterday 09. Wasted Time 10. Taking A Walk 11. Hangman Swing 12. Blue Movie 13. Do It All Over Again Band: Gary Jeffries - lead vocals and harmonica Julius Ulrich - guitar Danny Clarke - guitar Terry Phillips - bass Mikki Kiner - drums Additional Musicians: Charles Judge - keyboards Greg Edward - percussion, keyboards and vocals Jeff Daniel - keyboards Debby Holiday - vocals Daniel O'Brien - vocals Rick Palombi - vocals Jimmy Z - saxophone Dan Fornero - trumpet Art Velasco - trombone Production: Produced by Greg Edward. Review: The debut effort from the tattooed biker quintet known as Asphalt Ballet was a pleasant surprise. "Hell's Kitchen", "Unlucky Mr. Lucky" and "Taking A Walk" are good rockers, while "Wasted Time" slows things down a bit. The standout tracks though are the mid-tempo ones, like "Soul Survive", "Tuesday's Rain" and "Goodbye Yesterday", which show off Gary Jeffries impressive vocal delivery. The sound here is very bluesy metal similar to that of Little Caesar, while Jeffries vocals add an element of southern rock to the mix. Asphalt Ballet was very good and should have stood out among numerous copycat bands that were receiving record deals at the time. Sadly the band failed to make any dent among the record buying public, and this albums remains a long-forgotten classic.

No comments: